Core course for B.Sc. (Research) programs in Mathematics.
Credits (Lec:Tut:Lab)= 3:1:0 (3 lectures and 1 tutorial weekly)
Prerequisites: MAT 101 (Calculus I)
- Analytic Geometry:
- Double and triple integrals: Double integrals over rectangles, double integrals over general regions, double integrals in polar coordinates, center of mass, triple integrals, triple integrals in cylindrical coordinates, triple integrals in spherical coordinates, change of variables.
- Vector Integration: Vector fields, line integrals, fundamental theorem, independence of path, Green's theorem, surface integrals, Stokes' theorem, Gauss theorem.
- Calculus, Volume II, by Tom M Apostol, Wiley.
- Essential Calculus – Early Transcendentals by James Stewart, Cengage, India Edition.
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry by G B Thomas and R L Finney, 9th edition, Pearson.
- Basic Multivariable Calculus by J E Marsden, A J Tromba and A Weinstein, 1st edition, Springer (India), 2011.
- Calculus by Ken Binmore and Joan Davies, 1st edition, Cambridge, 2010.