Dr. Subhabrata Sen is an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Chemistry, SNU and Professor in the Department of Chemistry in SRM University-Amaravati, AP, India. His research group focusses on fundamental and applied research in synthetic organic chemistry.
Sen group, an organic /medicinal chemistry research group located in A Wing, 2nd Floor, Molecular Diversity Laboratory, in Shiv Nadar University, is involved in the discovery of biologically active molecules through organic chemistry driven approaches. Group mentor Subhabrata Sen was born in 1972 in Kolkata, India. He completed his bachelors of science from Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, Kolkata University in 1994 and Master from Kalyani University in 1996, before pursuing Ph.D. in chemistry at University of Missouri-Columbia under the supervision of Professor Shon R. Pulley in 2001. After postdoctoral studies at Colorado State Fort Collins with Professor A. I. Meyers he moved to Chemocentryx Inc. a biotech company in Palo Alto California in 2002. In 2004 he returned to India and after about a decade in pharmaceutical R&D, he joined Shiv Nadar University, India at the beginning of 2013 as an associate professor and was assigned the responsibiity of the head of the department since June 2016. He joined SRM University-Amaravati, AP, India in August, 2018 as a Professor in the Department of Chemistry.
1. Diversity oriented synthesis
2. Organic Synthetic methodologies: Reagent and catalyst development
3. Target based drug discovery: Type II diabetes and breast cancer
- 2003: “Make it Happen” Award: Chemcentryx Inc., Mt. View, California, USA
- Department of Science and Technology Travel Grant-2015
- 2016: Seibold-Collegium Fellowship, Seibold Collegium Institute of Advances Studies, Julius-Maxmillians-UniversitätWürzburg, Würzburg, Germany