Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Volume Method, Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) problems, Shape Optimization
I specialise in solving Partial Differential Equations using numerical methods. I am particularly fond of using OpenFOAM, an open source package for discretizing PDEs using Finite Volume Method. At present we are working on developing following modules in OpenFOAM: Shape Optimisation codes, Immersed Boundary Methods. We are also extensively using the newly developed OpenFOAM's overset mesh support to study designs of Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT).
My webpage: https://krajit.github.io/
- Praveen Laws (PhD Student. Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Joined in summer 2017), Using OpenFOAM to design optimal Vertical Axis Wind Turbines.
- Magu Ram (MTech Student. Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Joined in summer 2018), Developing Immersed Boundary Method module in OpenFOAM.
- Amrita Singh (PhD Student, Dept of Mathematics, Joined in Aug 2018), Thesis topic not decided yet.
- Renu Saraswat (PhD Student, Dept of Mathematics, Joined in Aug 2018), Thesis topic not decided yet.
- Jaskaran Singh Saini (B Tech Project, Mechanical, July 2017 to July 2018), Performance analysis of two-dimensional NACA 0018 airfoil using an overset grid solver
- Dhruvi Sharma (BS Maths Project, Aug 2017 to May 2018), A mathematical Modelling of semi-arid region
- Anand Sagar Gupta (B Tech Project, Mechanical, Summer 2017), Numerical Study of cricket ball aerodynamics using non-uniform rough wall boundary condition