Machine Learning, Computational Fluid Dynamics
I am currently focused on how Machine Learning actually works if it works at all.
Till very recently, my main interest was CFD. I was particularly fond of using OpenFOAM, an open source package for discretizing PDEs using Finite Volume Method. We worked on developing the following modules in OpenFOAM: Shape Optimisation codes, Immersed Boundary Methods. We are also extensively using the newly developed OpenFOAM's overset mesh support to study designs of Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT).
- Amrita Singh (PhD Student, Dept of Mathematics, Joined in Aug 2018). Developing object detection algorithms for bio-medical images.
- Renu Saraswat (PhD Student, Dept of Mathematics, Joined in Aug 2018). Using machine learning to on stock market.
- Praveen Laws (Co-adviser. PhD 2020). Link
- Magu Ram (Co-adviser MTech 2019. Link
- Jaskaran Singh Saini (B Tech Project, Mechanical, July 2017 to July 2018), Performance analysis of two-dimensional NACA 0018 airfoil using an overset grid solver
- Dhruvi Sharma (BS Maths Project, Aug 2017 to May 2018), A mathematical Modelling of semi-arid region
- Anand Sagar Gupta (B Tech Project, Mechanical, Summer 2017), Numerical Study of cricket ball aerodynamics using non-uniform rough wall boundary condition