I did my B.Sc. Mathematics and M.Sc. Mathematics from Hansraj College, University of Delhi, after which I joined as a Ph.D. student in Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi. My research specialty is in Matrix Analysis and Operator Theory. So far, I have worked on derivatives of matrix functions, matrix inequalities and in studying properties of a certain kind of orthogonality (called Birkhoff-James orthogonality) in Banach spaces. I have attended several reputed national and international conferences and workshops and presented my research in most of them. I was awarded DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award in 2015 and DST-SERB Early Career Research Award in 2019. I have also been associated with the Mathematics Training and Talent Search (MTTS) programme as a student and later as a resident faculty. I have also been a part of ATM schools organized by National Centre of Mathematics in different roles-tutor, organizer, lecturer.
My major teaching interests are Calculus, Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Functional Analysis, Measure Theory, Complex Analysis, Operator Theory, Topology, Matrix Analysis.
My main research interests are in Matrix Analysis and Operator Theory. My research work can be characterized into the following categories:
- Study of orthogonality in Banach spaces
- Matrix inequalities
- Derivatives and perturbation bounds of matrix functions
- Veer Singh Panwar, Positivity properties of some special matrices , ongoing (Co-advisor: Dr. Satyanarayana A. Reddy)
- Sushil Singla, Orthogonality and distance problems in C*-algebras, ongoing.
- Harman Kour, A study of James-Birkhoff orthogonality, 2017. (Current position- Research Affiliate, High Altitudes Programme, Nature Conservation Foundation, Bengaluru. She is going to start a Ph.D. in Ecology/Evolution at Stanford University)
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Dirichlet's theorem on Arithmetic Progressions, 2017. (Current position-M.Sc. Mathematics at Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science in Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.)
- Akshay A. Puri, Spectral theorem of compact normal operators, 2019. (Current position-M.Sc. Mathematics at St Petersburg University, Russia.)
- Orthogonality and distance problems in C*-algebras at IWOTA 2019, Instituto Superior Técnico
Lisbon, Portugal (on 23/07/2019)
- Orthogonality and best approximation problems in C*-algebras at Conference on Algebra, Analysis and Applications, Ambedkar University Kashmere Gate, Delhi, India (on 10/05/2019)
- Perturbation bounds for Mostow's decomposition at Recent Advances in Operator Theory and Operator Algebras, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India (on 15/12/2018)
- Perturbation of matrix factorizations at Conference in honour of Prof. Rajendra Bhatia, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India (on 30/05/2017)
- Derivatives of tensor powers and their norms at 31st Annual Conference of Ramanujan Mathematical Society (Symposium on Functional Analysis), National College, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India (on 21/06/2016)
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Panellist, Panel discussion on Indian Women and Mathematics: Looking behind and the road ahead, in Indian Women and Mathematics Annual Conference, held in Shiv Nadar University, during June 21-23, 2018.
- Member of Scientific Committee, Indian Women and Mathematics Annual Conference, Shiv Nadar University, June 21-23, 2018.
- Organizer and Lecturer, Advanced Instructional School on Matrix Analysis, Shiv Nadar University, May 2-21, 2016
- Lecturer and Resource person in MTTS 2016 at IIT Madras during June 7-18, 2016, and in MTTS 2015 at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai during June 1-13, 2015
- ICM Satellite conference on Functional Analysis and Operator theory, held in Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India, in August 8-11, 2010.
- International Congress of Mathematicians, held in Hyderabad, India, in August 19-23, 2010.
- Indo-French Workshop on Matrix Information Geometries, held in Ecole Polytechnique and Thales Research and Technology Center, Palaiseau, France, in February 23-25, 2011.
- 27th Annual Conference of Ramanujan Mathematical Society, held in New Delhi, India, in October 20-23, 2012.
- Matrices and Operators (Conference in honour of sixtieth birthday of Rajendra Bhatia), held in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, in December 27-30, 2012.
- Advanced School and Workshop on Matrix Geometries and Applications, held in The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, in July 1-12, 2013.
- The 19th International Linear Algebra Society Conference, held in Seoul, South Korea, in August 5-9, 2014.
- International Congress of Women Mathematicians, held in Seoul, South Korea, in August 12 \& 14, 2014.
- International Congress of Mathematicians, held in Seoul, South Korea, in August 13-16, 2014.
- Recent Advances in Operator Theory and Operator Algebras 2014, held in Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India, in December 9-19, 2014.
- Indian Women and Mathematics, held in University of Delhi, New Delhi, India, in April 2-4, 2015.
- 31st Annual Conference of Ramanujan Mathematical Society, held in National College, Tiruchirapalli, India, in June 18-21, 2016.
- Indian Women and Mathematics, held in Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, in June 21-23, 2018.
- Recent Advances in Operator Theory and Operator Algebras 2018, held in Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore, India, in December 13-19, 2018.
- International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications (IWOTA) 2019, held in Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, in July 22-26, 2019.
DST-SERB Early Career Research Award
DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award
Postdoctoral Fellowship, IIT Delhi
JRF, Indian Statistical Institute
JRF in Mathematical Sciences, UGC
University Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Delhi